Residents of Karachi & Sindh, there is potential of Cyclone Biparjoy coming. Here are a few things you can do to protect yourself:
- Stay informed: Monitor local weather updates from reliable sources such as Pakistan Meteorlogical department (PMD) and reliable news outlets. Pay attention any to cyclone warnings, forecasts, and evacuation orders.
- Prepare an emergency kit: Gather essential supplies in advance, including non-perishable food, water, flashlights, batteries, a first aid kit, necessary medications, important documents, cash, and a portable battery charger.
- Charge all your phone batteries and make sure your car is fuelled up.
- Make sure there are no loose objects especially clothes and outside furniture sitting outside
- If you know weak spots in the house that result in water coming in, take precaution now. Make sure you have buckets and mops readily available.
- If your house is low lying, arrange for sandbags to create protection and remove all expensive electronics from ground floor.
- Have alternative lighting sources such as flashlights, candles and a supply of fresh water in case the water supply is compromised.
Remember, its best to take precautions and be prepared in advance!